INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AUDIT
If your company/ organization is at one of these below stages:
• Planning to add on a New ERP or SAP
• After Completion of a New Project/ Investment on IT Infrastructure & System
• Needing Help with Compliance Regulations
• Don’t know how to assess Vendor or Internal Management of IT?
It’s the perfect time to perform an Information Technology Audit – IT Audit.
WHAT IS AN IT AUDIT?
An IT audit is the examination and evaluation of an organization’s information technology infrastructure, policies, and operations independently, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. In order to determine if the information systems are safeguarding assets, maintaining data integrity, and operating effectively to achieve the organization’s goals or objectives, an IT Audit will bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. These reviews may be performed in conjunction with a financial statement audit, internal audit, or other form of attestation engagement.
The primary functions of an IT audit are to evaluate the systems that are in place to guard an organization’s information. Specifically, information technology audits are used to evaluate the organization’s ability to protect its information assets and to properly dispense information to authorized parties. The IT audit aims to evaluate the following:
• Will always the organization’s computer systems be available for the business when required? (known as availability)
• Will the information in the systems be disclosed only to authorized users? (known as security and confidentiality)
• Will the information provided by the system always be accurate, reliable, and timely? (measures the integrity)
HOW WE HELP?
With over 10 years’ experience to provide IT audit and consulting services to clients in various industries, e.g. Legal, Education, Manufacturing, Tourist & Hospitality, Mining, etc. our IT assurance professionals are highly skilled in technology and areas surrounding regulatory compliance and information security.
We can provide you with a one-stop shop for General Audit and Security Audit and will routinely offer recommendations to help you protect your data assets.
We see our role not only as IT auditors and security professionals, but also as your strategic partner in helping you meet your information security needs & budgeting with your organization development in Vietnam.
Because operations at modern companies are increasingly computerized, IT audits are used to ensure information-related controls and processes are working properly. In broad strokes, an IT audit can be broken into two: general control review – General Audit and application control review – Security Audit.
But, if you want to get more specific, here are five categories of a well-executed General Audit:
• Systems & Applications:This focuses on the systems and applications within an organization. It makes sure they are appropriate, efficient, valid, reliable, timely and secure on all levels of activity.
• Information Processing Facilities:Verifies that process is working correctly, timely and accurately, whether in normal or disruptive conditions.
• Systems Development:To see if those systems which are under development are being created in compliance with the organization’s standards.
• Management of IT and Enterprise Architecture:Making sure that IT management is structured and processes in a controlled and efficient manner.
• Client/Server, Telecommunications, Intranets and Extranets:This spotlights telecommunication controls, such as a server and network, which is the bridge between clients and servers.
Information Security Audit assist organizations in making educated security decisions. The objective of this step is to produce a list of information security risks that can be prioritized by risk level and used to inform risk response decisions. Understanding one’s risk will help prevent arbitrary action. The entire process is designed to help IT departments find and evaluate risk while aligning with business objectives.
• Identify asset vulnerabilities
• Gather threat and vulnerability information
• Identify internal and external threats
• Identify potential business impacts and likelihoods
• Determine risk
• Identify and prioritize risk responses
We believe with these basic information you can analyze your needs in IT Audit in generally, if you need any further consultant or have any enquiry, please contact us via email email@example.com or Hotline: (+84) 1900 9450.